A WCATY summer program is an investment in a superior learning and residential experience. WCATY tuition remains favorably comparable with similar residential programs throughout the country. The Center is committed to providing educational opportunities for all Wisconsin students and provides both full and partial financial aid for families who need assistance with tuition. Tuition includes all books, materials, supplies, lab fees, and all meals for residential students; commuter student tuition includes daily lunch. Students are responsible for spending money and selected activity/outing costs.
All applications must be accompanied by the non-refundable $75 application fee before they can be processed. Financial aid is not available for application fees.
First half of tuition is due by May 20, 2013.
Second half of tuition is due by June 10, 2013.
If applicants wish to choose a 5-month payment plan, they must contact the WCATY office by the program application deadline to arrange the details. Please note that applicants choosing the 5-month payment plan will be charged an additional $50 finance fee.
|Due May 20
|Due June 10
The deadline for financial aid applications is April 15, 2013. WCATY cannot allocate aid to students who have not been admitted to a program. As such the student's program application (including application fee, supporting documentation such as his/her grade report, etc.) must be complete by April 15, 2013. Families will be notified of decisions prior to the first tuition payment due date. WCATY is committed to making an allocation of financial aid funds to allow the largest possible number of students to attend our programs.
If applying for financial aid, the proper financial documents must be submitted with your program application.
Applicants who are eligible for free/reduced lunch should submit the following financial aid form. Applicants using this form must have Section II completed and signed by a school official. Please send this form directly to WCATY, not DPI.
Applicants who are ineligible for free/reduced lunch, should submit the first page of their 2012 tax return. If extenuating circumstances are affecting your family's finances, please submit a letter of explanation, in addition to your tax return. Applicants under grade 5 should still use the DPI Precollege Scholarship Application form so that they can be considered for scholarships from WCATY's other funders. Every effort will be made to make participation possible for all qualified Wisconsin applicants. As part of the application process, please remember:
- Financial aid is only available for Wisconsin students.
- Applicants should first check with school officials to see if local monies are available for course costs.
- Applicants should inquire about local financial support through businesses, service organizations, etc. Please read our Financial Aid Resources for Families for information on other sources of aid.
- All materials supporting your application for Financial Aid must be received by WCATY no later than April 15, 2013.
- Applicants will be notified of awards before the first payment deadline of May 20, 2013.
- Financial aid will be determined by analyzing family income and extenuating economic circumstances according to the Income Eligibility Guidelines used by the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s School Lunch Program. This document is available at http://www.fns.usda.gov/cnd/Governance/notices/iegs/IEGs08-09.pdf. In the past, WCATY has granted aid on a sliding scale to families with household income up to 350% of the federal poverty line.
- Available funds for financial aid vary from year to year and past aid awards may not be an indication of current available support.
- Each financial aid recipient will be required to write a thank-you letter to his or her sponsors and to provide WCATY with copies of the letters as a condition of final approval. (Students will receive directions and mailing instructions for the letter during the summer.) Failure to submit the thank-you letter will result in automatic denial of all future financial aid requests. Applications will be reviewed by WCATY’s Financial Aid Committee. All requests will be answered and maintained in confidentiality.
|Questions? Contact our finance department at